Back to back recipe posts means there’s something delicious brewing in the kitchen. I HAD to share the post this week since u-pick and availability of local strawberries in BC is coming to a (quick) end and this recipe tastes DIVINE using those fresh, local gems that are in season right now. The strawberries I used for this recipe were from a fun u-pick sesh with my guy and was worth the 30 minutes of strawberry picking (and was ridiculously affordable!) I HIGHLY recommend making the trek out to your local farms to u-pick the final crop of strawberries or purchasing some already picked flats. The taste is NOTHING like the stuff we import from other countries!
- 500 mL strawberries, halved then quartered into small cubes
- 1/2 small onion (approx 125 mL), finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, finely chopped (remove seeds to reduce the spice)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 small lime, juiced
- Salt/pepper (to taste)
What to do:
- Mix all ingredients into 1 bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- NOM! (SO easy!)
- Salsa lasts 3-5 days in the fridge. Add salt/pepper right before serving – storing this salsa with salt mixed in will make it a soggy mess and doesn’t store well.
- This salsa is great in the traditional form served with tortilla chips or a fresh side to your meals. Great with chicken, fish, or your fav plant-based protein!